24 September 2013

Remington - Silk Curling Wand

A couple of months ago now I received the Remington Silk Curling Wand as a gift from my brother, the little cutie. Now I must admit it did sit unopened in my cupboard, up until last Monday morning when I decided I'd take it out of the box and give it a go. I don't regularly curl my hair as it can be a bit of a chore due to its length and thickness, it can become quite time consuming. That being said it's probably my favourite way to have my hair. 

When I do go ahead and curl my hair I usually grab my Mark Hill - Pro Magic Wand, which is a thick conical shaped barrel. This particular Remington wand isn't the typical conical shape, but is an elliptical styling wand as it has an almost flatter surface. Initially this left me wondering what difference it may make on my hair. 




                                                                                                                                                                  

































It took about twenty minutes of sectioning and curling my hair to achieve the finished look - which was tight, pretty spiral curls. It was nice, but not the look I was going for. So after brushing through my hair a couple of times and spritzing a bit of hairspray, I was left with more relaxed and looser looking curls. 
    
This wand is easy to use, especially if you've used this kind of product before. The temperature ranges from 110 - 220°C. It doesn't take long at all to reach the highest temperature, about 30-40 seconds. The wand itself is quite lightweight and is priced at £34.99, which I think is pretty affordable. Alongside the wand you also have a handy bag to slip the wand into, a single black heat-protecting glove and a small instruction leaflet. I personally would have preferred the leaflet to perhaps have a bit more guidance on how to create various looks.

When curling my hair I found myself accidentally turning the heat up and down, as the positioning of the buttons are where your hand rests when styling your hair. It was slightly frustrating to begin with, but I've discovered you can easily lock the temperature by holding down one of the buttons, so that's handy. I'll just have to remember that for next time! I was really pleased with the finished look, the curls looked sleek, clean and natural! My hair didn't go dry or fizzy, it just looked and felt so natural. It may have helped that I'd washed my hair that morning and applied a small amount of hairspray after styling. 

{The sunshine was really pouring in, so quite a bright one!}







                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       I loved the finished look and was also extremely impressed with how well my hair held the curls. My hair isn't the best for holding curls/waves for long periods of time as it's quite thick and long. I normally resort to applying an excessive amount of hairspray in a bid to keep the shape. Usually by the end of the day or evening my hair looks flatter and some of the curls have dropped out. I was genuinely surprised to wake up on Tuesday morning to see my hair still looking curly. It stayed that way throughout the day! Shockingly, not the messy type of next-day curls that looks a bit out of control and huge. Instead it resembled the finished look from the day before, still natural and pretty. I'm so impressed. This was a bit of a shocker for me as I sprayed a small amount of hairspray so I'm not sure whether it was the wand, the hairspray or my just-washed hair pre-styling?! No idea, but nonetheless I was pleasantly surprised and can confidently say this hasn't happened before. Fingers crossed it wasn't a one off.

I was really pleased with the finished look, the curls looked sleek and clean! My hair didn't go dry or frizzy. It just looked and felt so natural. It may have helped that I'd washed my hair that morning and applied little hairspray but I really loved the finish and just can't get over how well, and for how long my hair managed to keep the shape.


What do you guys think? I'd love to hear what tools you use to curl your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...