17 August 2013

Lip Balm Favourites

I am a bit of a lip balm junkie - for me it's an essential, so I always have one with me. I've tried lots of different lip balms in the past and I tend to switch it up quite a bit but I do have my favourites. 

Nuxe Reve de Miel - Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm

This is one of those products you hear so much about and I'm sure many people will be familiar with this brand and product. I put off purchasing this due to the price, being just under £10, it isn't the cheapest. Although I have to say I really enjoy using this product. This product has a sweet honey scent to it which smells lovely! This balm is a very thick consistency so a little bit goes a long way. It's very nourishing and feels almost like a face mask for the lips as it stays put and seems to almost melt in to the lips slowly. Due to the texture I use this in the evening before bed as it's quite matte, it doesn't offer gloss or colour to the lips as it's more of a nourishing treatment. 

Blistex - Intensive Moisturiser

This is another product that I'd refer to as like a bit of a treatment. It's one that I always like to have about and only tend to ever pick up and use when I feel that my lips need a bit of help. When my lips are looking really dry and chapped a lot of lip products don't seem to actually help. When my lips are sore this is the one. I recommended it to my brother and he loves it!  I only use this product on the odd occasion that my lips need it. Intensive Moisturiser has a menthol scent to it and at times there is a slight gentle tingling sensation on the lips when applied but I don't find it irritating. This product resembles a cream but is quite a thin consistency.

Blistex - Med Plus

This is a clear coloured balm which feels really moisturising on the lips. It adds a slight sheen to the lips and like the Intensive Moisturiser, it feels soothing and has a slight tingle to it when applied to the lips. It also has a menthol type scent, but it somehow seems slightly sweeter in scent compared to the Intensive Moisturiser. This is a must have in the colder months as it really feels like it's working in to the lips and it stays put longer than most lip products- it also feels very soothing and protective.

Soft Lips - French Vanilla

Although this product may not be as effective as the three lip balms above, it is a favourite as I love how it looks on, and the feel of this balm on my lips. This adds a subtle shine to the lips and feels so soft and lovely on. I love the sweet vanilla scent to this as well as the light packaging. 

Palmers - Dark Chocolate & Peppermint Lip Butter

This lip balm is an old favourite of mine! I've been repurchasing this for years now and couldn't be without it. My friend introduced me to this back in sixth form and I fell in love with it. It's no surprise really as it ticks most of the boxes; smells absolutely delicious, feels lovely on the lips and gives the lips a lovely shine. My only gripe is that it doesn't feel as moisturising or hydrating as some of the others- at times it feels as if it just sits there as it's slightly glossy in consistency. But for me I love this balm mainly for the gorgeous scent and how it looks on the lips. 

I do tend to mix it up quite a bit, especially as I tend to pick up new lip balms on a regular basis, but this little handful have consistently been on my favourites list. There are a couple of others that I use on a regular basis and love such as, Burts Bee's Beeswax Balm and Vaselines Rosy Lips.


Do you have any lip balm saviours or favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...