18 November 2012

Clarins - Great Skin Kit

As mentioned in my October favourite's over the last month now I have been trying out some Clarins skin care products from the Great Skin Kit. This kit is priced at £15 for four products, which I've listed below. As I hadn't tried Clarins skin care products before, I thought this little set would be perfect. I also think it's an affordable way to try out products.
The Daily Energizers - Great Skin Kit contains the following;
-Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel 30ml
-Daily Energizer Wake-Up Booster 30ml
-Daily Energizer Cream 15ml
-Beauty Flash Balm 15ml
Clarins describes this kit as a "range of gentle yet super-effective plant-based skin care products exclusively for 18 to late 20's skin". I definitely agree that these products have felt very gentle and kind to the skin. For the price I think this is a great deal, as these are nice sized products. I've been using these products daily for three to four weeks now and they've lasted me well! Although I managed to get through the Energizer cream quite quickly, I still have a nice amount of the Cleansing Gel and Wake Up Booster left. 

All of these products have a simple yet lovely light scent. The scent is a fresh, clean one which reminds me slightly of Shampoo. The Energizer products overall are very gentle, easy to use and have worked very well with my skin. The Cleansing Gel in particular leaves my skin feeling very soft, clean and refreshed. It foams up slightly in to a nice lather, so a little bit can go a long way. I've loved using these products in the morning in particular as I find it helps to wake me up a little. 

The Energizer Cream is a nice consistency and works well in to the skin, making sure my face feels moisturised and soft. I can sometimes suffer with dry skin, particularly in this weather, but this hasn't been an issue whilst using this cream - bit of a shame that they didn't a 30ml instead of a 15ml as I seemed to get through this product quite quickly.

The Beauty Flash Balm is a Clarins product I've heard much about so I was pleased that this was included within the kit. This balm is described by Clarins as being a radiance booster and a primer. After using this myself I can understand why. This does leave a really healthy glow to the skin, this also works very well as a primer. I noticed that my skin looked healthy after using this, even once I'd applied my make up my skin still looks radiant. The balm is a similar consistency to any face cream it isn't too heavy or too watery so it feels nice when applying this to the skin. The Beauty Flash Balm also has a clean, fresh scent to it, like a subtle baby powder smell which I quite like.
{L-R- Cleansing Gel, Daily Energizer Cream & Beauty Flash Balm}
Overall I've enjoyed using this kit. I think the Energizer products in general are very simple, fresh and gentle and I have loved trying them all out. I love trying out new skin care products, and sometimes these products can break out my skin but this hasn't been the case with this kit. Next on my list is the Liz Earle Essentials- Try Me Kit. I've been very patient and have waited to use up my other skin care products first. My boyfriend actually gave me this as a gift months ago, I haven't tried any Liz Earle products before so I'm really looking forward to it as I've heard nothing but good things :)

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend and enjoy the rest of your Sunday. I've had the weekend off due to being ill - so I think I'm going to have a nice lazy day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...