26 October 2012

Essie - Not Just A Pretty Face

Essie's - Not Just A Pretty Face is a gorgeous pink nude shade. Being a little Essie obsessive, and whilst on the look out for a new nude shade, I decided to grab this one. I love my bright and dark nail polishes but due to work I'm often wearing toned down, natural - nude shades which is fine with me as I also love pretty nudes too.
I'm not going to go in to much of a review for Essie nail polishes as this isn't the first Essie polish I've done a post on (Essie-Eternal Optimist and a few others). But in a nutshell they are great quality, long wearing and are the easiest to apply due to the wide brush. Essie has become a lot more accessible due to being in more mainstream stores such as Boots and Superdrug.

Not Just A Pretty Face applied beautifully, just one coat gave my nails a subtle nude shine to my nails (a sheer my nails but better look). Two coats gave a much more opaque finish which was pretty much spot on with the way the shade looks in the bottle. This leaves a gloss on the nails and in my opinion gives a very pretty and clean look. 
I normally get a few days wear out of Essie's polishes without chips and tip wear which is great. I think this is my new favourite nude for work, I love the gloss and the pinky/nude finish! Have you tried this nail polish? What are your favourite natural/nude polishes?

3 comments:

  1. In reply to the comment you left on my blog - I used to be too scared to dye my hair myself but since I started I haven't gone to a salon! I think home dye kits and treatment kits have improved so much that you can achieve the same result at home for less! :)

    I love the colour of this polish, it leaves a lovely natural finish!

    Natasha Carly x
    prettylittlelives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I think it wouldn't definitely save a lot of money in the long run which is always a bonus! Just got to go for it I think :)
      Thank you for your comment x

      Delete
  2. Hello, I love your blog, I am total fan nail art DIY in my section and I have some seguire clear that you did are beautiful. I'm from here and happy on your blog, you would like to follow me?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...