22 May 2012

Burt's Bees Tips & Toes Kit

Burt's Bees is a brand that I hear lots about, but have never really got around to trying out myself. So after spotting this little 'Tips and Toes Kit' I thought it would be a nice way to try out a few of their products. This kit offers products for healthy hands, feet and nails. The following Burt's Bees products are included in this kit; a pomegranate lip balm, an almond milk beeswax hand cream, a honey and grapeseed oil hand cream, a coconut foot cream, a hand salve and a lemon butter cuticle cream. In terms of packaging, I'm sold. I absolutely love it. I love the bright colours, the little tins and the quirky old school prints.

Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil: This feels lovely, moisturising and soft on the lips. It also adds a slight shine to the lips. This is definitely a decent lip balm which comes as no surprise. The scent isn't my favourite - but it's not bad, it's a light herbal, pomegranate scent. This lip balm also has a very slight tint to it.
Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Cream (7g): This comes in a nice sized glass pot. Again love the packaging of this! Now the smell may not be for everyone as this hand cream does have a strong almond scent to it. To begin with I really disliked this but it's grown on me and to be honest I love the hand cream itself enough that the smell isn't so much an issue. This hand cream is quite thick and so a little bit can go a long way.  Once applied to the hands you can really feel your skin soaking it up, it offers an almost protective sheen and feels very rich and creamy without being sticky and greasy. It doesn't take long to soak into the skin and although you can still notice a slight honey and almond scent on the hand it is no where near as strong which is great! I'm really impressed with this product!
Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey & Grapeseed Oil Hand Cream (20g): This hand cream is quite thick but when rubbed into the skin feels light and soft. Like the Beeswax hand cream it doesn't take long to soak in and doesn't leave your hands feeling sticky or greasy. This hand cream has quite a sweet honey scent to it, again this scent may not be for everyone.. I quite like it. The difference I've noticed between this hand cream and the Beeswax hand cream is that the Beeswax hand cream seems a bit more intensive, so great just before bed or in days of desperate dry hands. 

Coconut Foot Cream (20g): I was probably looking forward to trying this product the most! I am a huge fan of coconut scents and I must say this smells absolutely gorgeous! It really is the stand out product of this kit for me... and not just because of the scent! This product when applied is slightly similar in texture to the Beeswax hand cream, in the sense that it is balmy, slightly thick but offers a slight sheen to the skin. It really feels like a treat when applying this to my feet (lovely bit of rhyming there - not intended haha). 
Hand Salve (8.5g): Like the other products this does feel lovely to apply. Very soft, balmy and moisturising. It contains a herbal scent which reminds me strongly of Vicks VapoRub. 

Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (8.5g): I love the little lemon design on this tin. This is quite similar in texture to the hand salve, although it's slightly thicker. This has a strong sweet lemon scent to it... like lemon cake. I love it. This feels moisturising on the cuticles and is nice and gentle.
Overall, I think these are great quality products. The texture and consistency of these products offer the skin a thorough treat and I will easily be favouring these over many of my other hand/foot creams etc. To begin with I looked through these products, took a whiff of some of the products and thought 'Mmmhmm, I'm not sure if I'm going to like or even use some of these products'. But honestly after taking the time to go through them all I'm happy with my purchase. They are all lovely quality products, the packaging is lovely and the scents are fresh and some of them I love. I must admit there are a few scents in there that aren't my favourite.. but I can definitely let that slip as all of these products are lovely. MASSIVE recommendation from me.  I can see what all the fuss has been about and look forward to using all of these products up :) 

I picked up this kit in Boots for £12.99. The products are a nice size and there are 6 products in there so I think it's a good price. There are other Burt's Bees kits for sale including; Head to Toe Kit, Baby Bee Getting Started Kit and an Essential Body Kit. Burt's Bees products can be purchased in many other stores as well as online. 

Have you tried Burt's Bees before? What are your favourite Burt's Bees products?

1 comment:

  1. I have this same exact kit! :) I am a big fan of Burt Bee's. The only thing i don't find very useful is the hand salve, it doesn't really do much for my hands, that have been really dry lately. I rather use the grapeseed oil hand cream :)
    Oh, you should try the Very Voluminizing Shampoo with Pomegranate!

    Judy.

    http://judysbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...