24 February 2012

A New Day!

How lovely is it to wake up to a bit of sunshine. Where I am in the UK the last few weeks... no wait, the last few months have been pretty miserable (this may be a bit of an understatement!!) There has been rain, strong winds, frost, snow and just some really really cold days and nights. The type of weather where you just want to stay in and be nice and warm, preferably buried under a duvet cover with a hot drink. Unfortunately, this is something we can't often do... I'm thinking back to fond memories of scraping the ice off my windscreen first thing in the morning and being out and about in freezing cold weather.

But today the sky is blue and the sun is shining. I'm not one for checking the weather forecast so it came as a nice surprise and I find it makes me think of Summer days to come. So today yes I am sat in front of my computer working on my dreaded dissertation but the sun is shining and it's a Friday! Wishing everyone a lovely weekend wherever you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...